Monday, 21 April 2014

My Besties UK Challenge - Hollywood Glamour

Good Morning......
Its the beginning of a new week and we have a new challenge at Besties UK, this can be found over at 'My Besties UK Challenge Blog' - this is a brand new challenge for this week.  There have been lots of exciting goings on over the the Besties UK HQ we have had a shuffle in the design team and I have taken over as Design Team co-ordinator and Jan has become Design Team co-ordinator assistant and we have some lovely new members on the team too.. why not pop over and visit their blogs too?      I am sure they would love to have you visit ....


'Theme - Hollywood Glamour'

You can enter this challenge and win some of Sherri's 'My Besties' digi images.  Here is what I created for my DT inspiration using IMG313 which you can buy at Scrapbook Stamp Society store  HERE   This is a special priced stamp and if you use it in this challenge you will receive one free... so why not pop over to the store and buy one ..... then use it on your project .... and receive another free ..





This is my card for the Hollywood Glamour theme, I used the image 313  which is the one we are offering on the Besties UK blog at a special price for this challenge.  I only used part of the image for this particular project and I think she has turned out to be very versatile.


I didn't have much time to get this one done with all the excitement at Besties UK HQ so I have kept it quite simple....





Recipe


1 sheet - 12 x 12 coredinations card stock from my stash

1 sheet - 12 x 12 magnolia - pink starlit  from my stash
1 sheet white smooth card - Papermill store
Spellbinders - grand decorative circles
Spellbinders - grand circles
Spellbinders - classic circles
Memory box - Marietta Buckle 
Ribbon - Meiflower Ribbons
Bling - from my stash
Lace - from my stash

The card is basically quite simple to make, I cut the core'dinations to 15.5 cm square and then layered a 15cm square of paper onto this.

I used the decorative and grand labels with the card and paper to make the next layer, sandwiching the lace between them to form the glittery edging.
Next I used the circles to make a frame for the image, and cut the buckle from silver card.
I printed the image and cut it out with the circles and coloured it with copics as listed below, then put it all together ....

Copics used -


Face - e000, e00, e11, e95, e93

Lips - e08, e04
Eyes - e29, e18, e17
Hair -  e15, e17, e18, e29
Flower - e04, r85

I hope I have inspired you to take part in our lovely new challenge


thanks for stopping by today 


Carol




6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your appointment as DT Co-ordinator, hun - I know how much hard work you put in this week.

    I love how you used just part of an image on your card - it looks fab.

    Hope you had a great Easter.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol Love your card, I like Jan also love how you just used part of the stamp it looks fantastic xx Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new position carol ...
    your card is fab I love the layout and embellie truly glamorous xx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation's from down under.... well done on your new posting... Also you card is adorable nd well coloured!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Carol, I like the image and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card and coloured so well - I am now following you x

    ReplyDelete